Youth AccountsRequest to Open a Youth Account
For our younger members just starting out in life (up to age 18), Fibre Federal offers Cash Club and Student Savings Youth Programs. Both programs provide the tools that kids, teens, and young adults need to develop smart savings habits, and learn about managing money.
Cash the Dollar Savings Dog and his friend Penny invite our members age 11 and under to make savings fun by joining our Cash Club!
And by doing so, you’ll help their furry friends. For every new member who signs up for Cash Club, we’ll donate $5 to the Humane Society nearest to the financial service center at which you join, up to $5,000 total per year for all new youth accounts.
Here’s what you can expect from Cash and Penny when you join Cash Club:
A much higher dividend rate on your savings account than we pay on regular savings.
Monthly Rewards – A trip to the Bark Box once a month when the child visits a financial service center and makes a deposit of $10 or more.
An annual month-long savings challenge with exciting prizes.
Annual coloring contest with cash prizes.
A card from Cash & Penny on your birthday.
The option to open a Money Builder Certificate – just $100 to open.
We’ll automatically upgrade you to Student Savings on your 12th birthday.
Student Savings helps kids 12-18 learn to manage their finances and enter into adulthood with savvy money skills. This account is a great transition from the Cash Club and includes the same fun incentives to encourage healthy savings, but also allows for a little more responsibility with additional banking products.
Here are the benefits of a Student Savings Account:
- For every new member who signs up for a Student Savings Account, we’ll donate $5 to the Humane Society nearest to the financial service center at which you join, up to $5,000 total per year for all new youth accounts.
- You’ll continue to earn the same higher dividend rate paid on Cash Club accounts.
- Monthly Rewards - A gift card from a local business once a month when the student visits a financial service center and makes a deposit of $10 or more.
- Free Checking with Debit Card and Online Banking (under 18 requires adult co-applicant).
- Dollars for A’s - receive one dollar for every “A”on your report card (must present it within 30 days of receiving it).
- The option to open a Money Builder Certificate - just $100 to open.
- The opportunity to apply for college scholarships exclusively for our student members.
It’s easy to get started!Youth Services Brochure
Deposit $5 or more into the new savings account. Earn free stuff by depositing $10 or more in the savings account. Apply for a Youth Account today!