Checking Accounts Brochure Open an Account All of our checking accounts are free, and designed to simplify your life by saving you time and money. Choose the account that best fits your lifestyle. Regardless of your choice, we've got you covered with our Checking Protection Package. This package includes Fibre Card Manager, Overdraft Transfer Protection, Courtesy Pay, and Debit Card Courtesy Pay. These services work together to create multiple lines of defense against unexpected surprises, so you always have the money you need for the things you want.
Free Choice Checking - The High Yield Checking Account That Pays You Back!
Choice Checking is your number one choice in checking accounts! This is a genuinely free checking account that pays better than certificate dividends on balances up to $20,000, plus refunds your ATM fees from other institutions nationwide up to $25 per month, when you meet these three easy requirements:*
Choice Checking includes free 24/7 online access, surcharge free ATMs nationwide, and other conveniences (see below).
*Portion of balance over $20,000 earns 0.05% APY. ATM fees (up to a maximum of $25 per cycle) will be refunded if account requirements are met. If the account requirements are not met, the APY will be 0.01% and ATM fees will not be refunded. Limited to two accounts per membership. Business Accounts are not eligible.
**Choice Checking cycle is from the 25th of month to the day before the last day of the following month.
When we say "free," we mean it! Our Free Checking Account gives you unlimited check writing with no monthly service charge and no minimum balance requirement—but it doesn't skimp on all the conveniences you expect from a checking account (see below).
Money Market Checking
Earn a Money Market dividend rate on this free account. Minimum balances required to earn dividends and certain restrictions apply. (See current rates for more information).
Patron Checking Benefit
Fibre Federal offers a checking account benefit for primary members that are 62 years of age or older. In addition to the regular features of their Fibre Federal checking account (Free Checking, Choice Checking, or Money Market Checking), they will receive the following benefits:
Patron members need to be 62 and must be the primary member on the account. Each primary member will be allowed two Patron Checking Accounts.
Checking ConveniencesReorder Checks
All of our checking accounts provide the convenience and access you need, including:
- Free Debit Card or ATM Card.
- Surcharge free ATM access at over 30,000 ATMs nationwide. Plus, when you meet the Choice Checking requirements, we will refund up to $25 in foreign ATM fees per month!
- Free Online Banking with optional Bill Pay
- Ten Fibre Federal locations in the Lower Columbia area, six TLC, a Division of Fibre Federal Credit Union locations along the Oregon Coast, and over 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP ATM locations nationwide. Click here for locations.
- Free Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction for making automatic deposits. Check deposits may also be made at Fibre Federal ATMs.
- Reorder checks online. To reorder the same style of checks you already use, with no changes, click here to reorder checks. You will need your account number and the routing number that appears on the bottom of your check. To change check styles or change information printed on the checks, visit or call any Fibre Federal financial service center.
To initiate Direct Deposit and/or Payroll Deduction, you may need our Routing Number (ABA), which is 323380766.
Please Contact Us with any questions.
Switch Your Accounts to Fibre Federal Credit Union in a Snap
ClickSWITCH lets you quickly and securely switch your recurring payments and direct deposits from your existing accounts to your new account with us. It’s fully automated, convenient and takes as little as 10 minutes.